Trent Lapinski is a marketing technology executive who made a name for himself nearly 20-years ago in Silicon Valley by live-blogging Steve Jobs keynotes on a hacked mobile phone. Trent has experience as a former CEO, CMO, VP, Director and has successfully bootstrapped a startup to over $1M in revenue which was sold for a successful exit. Trent is a data driven strategist with experience in marketing, product marketing, product market fit, go to market strategy, branding, remote team management (10+ years), sales, product development, business development, and venture capital.
Trent has made an impact on many open source projects, crypto, team chat, cloud computing, automation, remote work, WordPress, podcasting, public speaking, and content creation.
Director of Product Marketing @ Edge and Node (The Graph) 2022
- Implemented Product Marketing best practices across organization.
- Led cross-functional meetings, including executives, and The Graph Foundation.
- Helped recruite a developer relations to assist with documentation, content creation, and community management.
- Working with marketing, Foundation, and product team on new website. Built out messaging and branding frameworks.
Director of Developer Relations @ Agoric 2022
- Recruited a developer relations team to assist with documentation, content creation, and community management.
- Sat on the Agoric Director Council, and helped make decisions within the organization.
Head of Marketing @ Energi 2021-2022
- Led company through a rebrand, managed a team of 9 people, helped build out marketing strategy and materials including pitch deck, and business plan resulting in a $50M fund raise.
- Oversaw SEO, content, graphics, websites, landing pages, newsletter, social media, and go to market strategy for an upcoming NFT marketplace.
Marketing + Product @ TrustSwap 2021
CMO @ Zulip (Kandra Labs) 2020-2021
VP of Solutions @ Stratus5 Cloudware 2015-2020
Podcast Host @ Hackernoon & Crypto Disrupted 2018-2019
Founding Partner @ Shot Ventures 2017-Present
CEO & Founder @ CyberChimps 2010-2015
SEO/SEM Specialist @ West Coast Clinical Trials 2009-2010
Rebuilt the companies website, managed online advertising for research study recruitment.
- Increased traffic significantly while reducing bounce rate and tripling lead conversion.
- SEO, SEM, web development, and online advertising.
- Wrote and released press releases for medical research studies.
Internet Marketing & Web Developer @ Playboy 2008
Managed dozens of web properties, built a system to manage them, and oversaw several major social media accounts.
- Internet marketing, viral video marketing, SEO, and web development.
Media Manager @ LiveUniverse 2006-2008
Worked under two of the founders of Myspace at an entertainment and technology startup.
- Assisted with content creation, managed high traffic websites, advertising, and assisted with research and product development.
- Policy development, marketing, PR, directing, video production, writing, web development, SEO, business development.
Founder & Editor @ Apple-X 2001-2006
Founded one of the first Apple news and rumor websites, AppleXnet, on the Internet. Managed a team of writers from around America.
Read about how we used a hole punch to attend a Steve Jobs keynote.
Marketing and Growth
One of Trent’s best skillsets is ability to take complex concepts and explain them to nontechnical people. He has pretty much built his career on being able to explain things to others whether its been through product marketing his own products, consulting, to podcasting. Trent is also an experienced growth hacker, and has successfully launched, grown, and monetized dozens of products and services using a range of growth hacking techniques and methods.
Remote Team Management
The first startup Trent ever created was managed remotely with a team of writers from around the country. Nearly 20-years later, he has 15-years of remote management experience. Over the past several decades Trent has managed teams throughout the United States, Canada, the UK, Ireland, France, Germany, Greece, and India.
Trent has helped build, grow, and maintain several successful companies from startups to enterprise. He has extensive experience developing and automating business processes, overseeing and managing remote teams, managing deal flow, and closing sales deals. Trent has experience with multiple CRMs and marketing automation solutions.
Trent has spent the last 10-years of his career overseeing product development. Trent is highly technical, speaks geek and devops flutely, and has managed several software engineering teams remotely. He has an eye for user interface and experience, and helped bring concepts like responsive design, and drag and drop web page building to WordPress and the Internet. He spent the past 4-years building a Software-as-a-Service automation platform.
Orange Coast College 2003-2006
Studied world history, marketing, business, public relations, journalism, philosophy, psychology, sociology, digital arts, political science, and archeology.
Despite Trent’s lack of a formal education, his decades of experience speak volumes for his ability to lead teams, achieve results, and get things done. His self-taught experience, knowledge, and wisdom far exceeds anything taught in school.
Trent was mentored by one of the former founders of Myspace, and a former IBM / VMware executive.